Happy November everyone!!!
For those of you who have been following my blog before 2010, you will probably remember my ‘I am Thankful’ series last year. For those of you who don’t know, I wrote a blog post EVERY DAY in the month of November leading up to Thanksgiving. Each post was about something I was thankful for and why. It was so fun, and much more creative than one would think! I mean, I was thankful for all sorts of weird things! Socks, rolly chairs, popsicles, even the mail merge button in Word! But it was so worth the challenge and I wanted to do it again this year. I have A LOT to be thankful for.
BUT, the time to blog right now is…scarce.
I will admit to being one of those woman who thought, “Oh, I can do it while she sleeps.” I truly thought that I would be able to simply add Abigail to the list of my “To Do’s” and just keep chugging… yea right! When she sleeps, I sleep. And when she is awake (which is significantly longer than it used to be) we play! So getting things done just doesn’t happen like it used to. This crazy-efficient organizer has turned into a full-fledged, full-time Mom. And while I have ZERO qualms with that, it means that the documentation of our adventures has fallen by the wayside.
However, I made sure that today, while Abigail sleeps, I would be able to write something.
I will not be writing daily, as I had hoped. Instead I am going to make a list of many of the things I am thankful for by including one thing for each day of the month leading up to Thanksgiving. Since Thanksgiving is on the 25th this year so here is the list of at least 25 things I am thankful for this Holiday season. Enjoy!!!!
1) The most obvious: Abigail Jenifer Francis. There is no greater joy than having her in my life.
2) The second most obvious: Anthony – I still have THE BEST husband on the planet. Neener-Neener-Neener.
3) My Family – all of them. Every single, loud, crazy, loving, supportive, in-your-face, over the top, live-life-to-the-fullest, AMAZING one of them. Thanks for being there for us at rock bottom and helping to lift us back up. We love you.
4) The staff in the NICU at Los Robles hospital. You all literally saved Abigail’s life. Therefore, you saved mine. We will forever be in your debt, and we love you SO MUCH. I am so thankful for your compassion and your expertise.
5) My parents: for being my parents when I needed parents and for being my friends when I needed friends. I love you both.
6) My sister: There is no greater friend than one who can’t ever get away from you! Muahhaha! (I love you more than you know, Bug!)
7) My friends. You know who you are. And you know why I love you. I am thankful to have such a strong support system – couldn’t have come this far without you.
8 ) My In-Laws: Yes, I like them. In fact, I love them. I’m thankful to have a second set of parents that have my (and our) back at a moment’s notice. And I’m thankful for their unconditional love – because they kind of got a wild card with me as their daughter-in-law. Not gonna lie, I’m a little crazy. 😉
9) My computer. For those of you who didn’t know, I got a new one!!! And not only am I thankful for how speedy it is and how pretty it is, I’m thankful for how inexpensive it was, AND NO MORE VISTA!!! Thank the Lord!!
10) Dr. Pepper. It’s an addiction. I’m thankful that it is one that isn’t detrimental to my health.
11) My diaper bag. It’s my new purse. And while I know that it will need to be replaced by a larger model before a year is up, I love how cute and functional it is.
12) Abigail’s swing. For the moments when my arms might actually fall off.
13) Pampered Chef. A new adventure I’ve been wanting to start for some time. I can’t wait!
14) Captain Pup. No one can love you or comfort you like a dog can. And no one can match a Mother’s protective instincts like your dog can, either. Pup is our first baby. Our little boy. We love him.
15) My sewing machine. I can’t tell you how much time I’ve spent with it lately, or how many cool and special things I’ve made for Abby and others with it. Sewing is more than a hobby these days – it’s a passion. ❤
16) Ice Cream. Enough said.
17) Target. The magical wonderland of adorable clothes for Abby, every electronic Anthony can fathom, and any household item I could ever need, all at reasonable prices. Bliss.
18) Our own washer and dryer. After having to use communal laundry rooms for years, I can’t tell you what a blessing it is to be able to do Abby’s laundry at the drop of a hat.
19) Jacques the Peacock. Abby’s favorite toy. He provides much needed distraction from…whatever it was that was upsetting her a few minutes ago. *whew*
20) Socks. I was thankful for them last year, and I’m thankful for them still. Comfy, warm, and oh-so-festive!
21) Ascension Lutheran Church. Our home church has uplifted us in prayer for 5 months, and offered support in so many ways. It was an honor and a privilege to finally be able to bring Abigail for church to meet some of you. We are thankful that the Lord led us to you just in time.
22) Our Nikon D60. It takes AMAZING pictures of our family that we will treasure forever. Which leads me to…
23) Technology in general. So thankful for how easy life can be because of it. TV, the internet, DVR, my Cell phone, this blog… I really don’t know what I did before all of it!
24) Facebook!!! Hahaha – no, really! So Thankful for all of the friends I have there, and how easy it is to keep you all up to date on our little family. Facebook has proven to be a true blessing for me in the last year!
25) I am so Thankful to finally have all the titles I ever wanted. While Daughter and Sister came with the territory, Friend was the first that had to be earned. Last year, I finally got to add Wife to that list. And now, I am proud to be called Mommy. I am so Thankful that the Lord saw fit to give me a family of my own. THIS family. It’s been a long road, but I am so Thankful to be sitting here typing these words, knowing that my little angel and my best friend are here with me. I don’t know what I did to deserve such gifts, but I am so thankful to have them.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! And know that I am thankful for all of you that read this blog! Please leave comments about what you are thankful for, too!!