Baby Francis, the Fig

Sunday, Feb. 28th, 2010

Check it out, people! This week I made the jump from “I don’t look Pregnant, I just look fat,” to “Wow – I can’t actually hide that anymore!” It’s official. I’m showing. So much so that my neighbor noticed, and I was wearing sweats. Yippie!

Ok, so if you’ve been reading my tweets, you know that this past week was as up and down as it gets! Tuesday night I got a full 9 hours of sleep (interrupted by a record ONE (count it – 1) potty break) which led to an utterly fabulous start to my Wednesday. I rose with no issues. No fatigue, no nausea, healthy appetite… so wonderful! I got up, took Anthony to work (if you didn’t know, we have become a one car family, so we have to coordinate getting to and from work!) and instead of coming home and going back to bed, I took a long walk with the dog. Then I came back to the house and cooked myself a breakfast burrito (which for me, means just bacon wrapped in a tortilla. Yum) and watched a recorded episode of Ghost Whisperer, all before getting dressed and ready for work. And to top it all off, I beat my bosses to the office by 5 whole minutes! That never happens! I got through the rest of the day with flying colors. Good lunch. Good snacks. Good dinner. My energy level was up all day. I went to bed…on time. It wasn’t really “early.” I thought, wow – if this is how the rest of this journey is going to be, then dude – I’m golden.

Yea. Not Golden by ANY means. Wednesday = best day so far. Thursday = one of the top 3 WORST days so far. Fact #1: I do have the kind of morning sickness that causes me to vomit. (Yucky!) Fact #2: I’m lucky enough that vomiting is not every day – more like once a week, and (for the most part) only once in a day’s time. This week, however, not so. Threw up twice this week (Tuesday and Thursday) and threw up not once, not twice, but THREE times on Thursday. Yea – now you get what I mean by “Bad day.” So bad I called in sick. Dude – the last time I called in sick, it was because I had swine flu! I DON’T call in sick if I can help it. I mean, hello?! I threw up Tuesday morning. Texted my boss to say – Umm… gonna be a little late. But I came in! I HATE calling in. But I really didn’t have a choice. Bleh. I stayed in my PJ’s, in my bed, ALL DAY.

Ok, so here is the story. I got up, as usual, with Anthony to take him to work. For whatever reason, even though I got a full 8 hours of sleep with only a couple of interruption potty breaks, I. WAS. TIRED. But I was still “fine.” I took Ant to work. Came home, and went back to bed. Maybe half an hour later, I had to pee… again. So I got up. And I got up too fast. The major motion made me nauseous. So nauseous that I forgot about having to pee – just needed to barf. And for the first time since I’ve known about little Peep, I didn’t make it to the toilet in time. I missed, just a little bit (I know gross – but a key element of the story) and it ended up on the bathroom floor. THANK GOD for linoleum. Easy clean up. Or so I thought. Took care of business, went to the vanity – washed my face, brushed my teeth, and geared up (mentally) for clean up. Grabbed the paper towels off the counter, and braved the bathroom. I was fine for the first maybe 3 seconds. And then, the smell/visual grossness of yucky barf on the floor took over, and BOOM. Vomit session #2. *sigh*

I somehow managed to finish cleaning without vomiting again. Miracle of Miracles. I crawled back into bed feeling somewhere between mud and the gross vomit I had just cleaned up. No good. That is when I called my boss. I told her no way man. She said no worries – rest, feel better. She pointed out that if I still felt sick and came in, and then got sick in the office she’d just have to send me home anyway. So stay put! I obeyed. I called Anthony. I felt so horrible. He sympathized. He asked if I was ok. He asked if there was anything he could do. He asked if I’d eaten anything… wha??? food??? GROSS!!!! No! But I agreed that if I didn’t barf for a whole hour, I’d go eat something.

An hour came and went, and no getting sick. Yippie! Maybe today was going to end up ok! Maybe I could make it in to the office after lunch!!! Come on, Pup! Let’s go for a walk! We go. The living room smelled a little odd to me – but what doesn’t these days? I was only in there for maybe 15 seconds to leash the dog and go outside. (Quick shout out to my dog, who so lovingly decided to do his #2’s waaaaaaaaay up in a bed of Ivy where I wouldn’t have to even look at it, let alone pick it up! Thank you!) It wasn’t until we got back that I realized… nope – something DEFINITELY smells in here.

Insert overwhelming gag sensation here.

OH man. I seriously thought that after 2 bouts of vomiting already, I had NOTHING left. I. Was. Wrong. I ran to our second bathroom (closer than our bedroom to the front door) and for the third time within 4 hours, I puked my gets out. Bleh. Hey – at least I gave each bathroom a go! They both feel loved and well used, I’m sure.

I decided the safest spot for me was my bed. I curled up with the dog and stayed there until I had to go get Anthony for Lunch. When it came time to walk through the house again, I was ready. I took a big, deep breath in, held it, covered my whole face with my hoodie, and sprinted to the door – grabbed my purse and ran out the door. *SLAM* I was safe.

Anthony felt bad that something in the kitchen made me so sick. He bought me Wendy’s for lunch. (mmmmmmm, fries! Lemonade!!!) He brought me back to the house, and didn’t question my frantic running with a hoodie over my head back to our bedroom. He fed the dog for me, and he brought me 2 of my favorite movies and my computer. He promised an even cleaner (as our kitchen is already clean 95% of the time) kitchen as soon as he got home. And he delivered. I slept, and Facebooked, and watched Pride and Prejudice all afternoon.

It was great when Anthony found the culprit (half his fault, half mine) and cleaned it up. The stench (that was all too real, even to Anthony) was coming from a 1 day old pot he’d been soaking to make cleaning easier (which had sticky, going-bad chocolate from an EPIC FAIL of a chocolate pie we’d tried to make) and a can I’d left in the sink with bacon grease in it. YUCK-O! But once the pan was clean, and the grease was gone, I could breath easy. I came out into the living room and had dinner with Anthony and spent the rest of the evening on the couch. Anthony walked Pup alone, so that I didn’t have any episodes due to more #2’s.

I woke up Friday in a much better mood, and a much better state of being. I purposely moved SLOWLY all morning (and have everyday since) so as not to upset the porcelain Gods. We came out of it ok. I went back to work, and (knock on wood) I haven’t vomited since. Woot! Let’s hope that continues.

Anywho – that was my epic tale of grossness last week. On to all things Peep related – Baby is as big as a fig! And my baby bump in that picture up there proves it! Peep is about an inch and a half long now, and TOTALLY looks like a human being in miniature. Her teeth are forming! And his little hands are starting to open and close. Little Peep can kick her feet and stretch his back. We’re officially moving!!! I just won’t be able to feel it for several weeks.

We have 2 doctor’s appointments this month. One next week with Dr. Jidali (who does the super advanced ultrasounds to run diagnostics on Peep) and one the following week with good ol’ Dr. David for a check up. Dr. David’s office called me this past week to tell me that everything they tested my 5 viles of blood for (remember that story?) came back negative!!! Yippie! That means we are a super low risk pregnancy, which I couldn’t be more thankful for. The blood test and ultrasound Dr. Jidali will do next week will check for signs of down syndrome and do a sort of “second opinion” on those perfect negative stats I just got. I hope they stay that way!!!

We are coming around the bend! This blog marks week 11. I’ve got this week and next week (week 12) to get through and I’m officially in my second trimester. I can’t believe how fast it is going. I can’t believe it is March! I can’t believe that on the 18th of this month (which is only t-minus 16 days away!) we will only have 6 months left!!! Ahhhh!!! Crazy. Just crazy.

So excited. I can’t even tell you. The next trimester is full of all the fun stuff! Registering for baby stuff, and poking my nose where it doesn’t belong in regards to my shower (Anthony might get a “boys shower” too!!! His Brother, Paul mentioned possibly throwing him one. How fun!!!) And we get to start putting together the nursery… wow. I can’t even tell you how cool that is. Cheers to the next 6 months, people!!!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s